I obtain a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when my work helps sway a court’s opinion on an important issue.
Douglas Wilens is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. He is a member of the Firm’s appellate practice group, participating in numerous appeals in federal and state courts across the country. Most notably, Wilens handled successful appeals in the First Circuit Court of Appeals in Mass. Ret. Sys. v. CVS Caremark Corp., 716 F.3d 229 (1st Cir. 2013) (reversal of order granting motion to dismiss), and in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Lormand v. US Unwired, Inc., 565 F.3d 228 (5th Cir. 2009) (reversal of order granting motion to dismiss). He is also involved in the Firm’s lead plaintiff practice group, handling lead plaintiff issues arising under the PSLRA.
Prior to joining the Firm, Wilens learned the basics of class action practice at various boutique firms located in Boca Raton, Florida. Prior to that, he was an associate in the New York office of Proskauer Rose LLP, a nationally recognized firm, where he litigated complex actions on behalf of numerous professional sports leagues, including the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League and Major League Soccer. Wilens has served as an adjunct professor at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University, where he taught undergraduate and graduate level business law classes.
Wilens earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Florida. He graduated with a Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Florida College of Law where he received a “Book Award” for the highest grade in his legal drafting class.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Florida, B.S., 1992
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- May 17, 2016
- N.D. Ohio Court Reconsiders and Vacates Earlier Judgment Dismissing 1933/1934 Act Claims in TCP Securities ActionApril 28, 2016
- April 1, 2016
- July 12, 2013
- May 30, 2013
- A First Time for Everything: The First Circuit Opines on Loss Causation and Vacates CVS Caremark DismissalMay 24, 2013
- December 12, 2012