Danielle S. Myers
An unwavering focus on shareholder rights and our commitment to excellence makes the Firm an inspiring place to practice law.
Danielle Myers is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and focuses her practice on complex securities litigation. Myers is one of the partners that oversees the Portfolio Monitoring Program® and provides legal recommendations to the Firm’s institutional investor clients on their options to maximize recoveries in securities litigation, both within the United States and internationally, from inception to settlement. In addition, Myers advises the Firm’s clients in connection with lead plaintiff applications and has secured appointment of the Firm’s clients as lead plaintiff in nearly 100 cases, including Knurr v. Orbital ATK, Inc., No. 1:16-cv-01031 (E.D. Va.), Evellard v. LendingClub Corp., No. 3:16-cv-02627 (N.D. Cal.), In re Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. Sec. Litig., No. 4:15-cv-02404 (S.D. Tex.), Marcus v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., No. 6:13-cv-00736 (E.D. Tex.), In re Hot Topic, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 2:13-cv-02939 (C.D. Cal.), Smilovits v. First Solar, Inc., No. 2:12-cv-00555 (D. Ariz.), and In re Goldman Sachs Grp., Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 1:10-cv-03461 (S.D.N.Y.).
Myers has obtained significant recoveries for shareholders in several cases, including: Marcus v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., No. 13-cv-00736 (E.D. Tex.) ($97.5 million settlement preliminarily approved); In re Hot Topic, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 2:13-cv-02939 (C.D. Cal.) ($14.9 million recovery); Genesee Cty. Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Thornburg Mortg., Inc., No. 1:09-cv-00300 (D.N.M.) ($11.25 million recovery); Goldstein v. Tongxin Int’l Ltd., No. 2:11-cv-00348 (C.D. Cal.) ($3 million recovery); and Lane v. Page, No. Civ-06-1071 (D.N.M.) (pre-merger increase in cash consideration and post-merger cash settlement).
Myers has been named a “Next Generation Lawyer” by The Legal 500 and was named one of “Five Associates to Watch in 2012” by the Daily Journal. In 2011 and 2010, she was nominated for the San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Attorney and Young Attorneys awards, respectively. She is a frequent lecturer on securities fraud and corporate governance reform at conferences and events around the world.
Myers earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at San Diego, with a major in U.S. History and a minor in Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego, where she was a member of the San Diego Law Review and received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation.
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2017
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015-2017
- “Five Associates to Watch in 2012,” Daily Journal
- Institutional Investor Services
- Case Evaluation & Litigation
University of San Diego, J.D., 2008
- Member, San Diego Law Review
- Received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation
University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1997
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- September 12, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- December 28, 2016
- September 19, 2016
- May 17, 2016
- 32 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel in In re Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. Securities LitigationDecember 7, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- November 4, 2014
- Robbins Geller Substantially Defeats Medtronic, Inc.’s Motion to Dismiss Scheme Allegations Relating to Key ProductSeptember 29, 2014
- ABA Section of Litigation, Securities Litigation Committee, Class Actions Subcommittee Co-Chair 2017-2018
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member