Partial Settlement of Leonard Sokolow v. LJM Funds Management, Ltd., et al.
Case No. 1:18-cv-01039
Lead Plaintiffs Justin and Jenny Kaufman, Joseph N. Wilson, Dr. Larry and Marilyn Cohen, Tradition Capital Management LLC, and SRS Capital Advisors, Inc. have reached a settlement with nine of the twelve Defendants in this action, pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. The partial settlement resolves all claims against the Settling Defendants and provides for the payment of $12,850,000 for the benefit of eligible members of the Settlement Class. Lead Plaintiffs alleged that Defendants failed to disclose material information that caused statements made in offering materials for the LJM Preservation and Growth Fund (“Fund”) to be false and misleading in violation of §§11, 12(a)(2) and 15 of the Securities Act of 1933.
The Settlement Class consists of all persons and entities who purchased or otherwise acquired shares of the Fund from February 28, 2015 through February 7, 2018, inclusive (the “Class Period”). Excluded from the Settlement Class are Defendants, their affiliates, and certain other persons and entities described in the Notice. Also excluded from the Settlement Class will be any Person that timely and validly submits a request for exclusion from the Settlement Class in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Notice, or that the Court otherwise allows to be excluded from the Settlement Class.
The partial settlement was preliminarily approved by the Court on August 28, 2019. The Court has scheduled a final approval hearing for December 18, 2019, at 9:15 a.m.
If you are a Settlement Class Member, to receive a payment from the partial settlement proceeds, you must submit a claim form postmarked no later than December 11, 2019. The claim form can be obtained by clicking on the Proof of Claim and Release link below.
Alternatively, you can submit your claim online. Online claims must be submitted by December 11, 2019. For more information, and to file your claim online, visit the Claims Administrator’s LJM Funds Securities Settlement website at www.LJMFundsSecuritiesSettlement.com.
If you have any questions about the partial settlement or the litigation, please contact Rick Nelson at 1-800-449-4900.
- Lead Plaintiffs’ Unopposed Motion for Preliminary Approval of Partial Class Action Settlement
- Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Support of Lead Plaintiffs’ Unopposed Motion for Preliminary Approval of Partial Class Action Settlement
- Stipulation and Agreement of Partial Settlement
- Notice of Pendency of Class Action, Proposed Partial Class Action Settlement, and Motion for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses
- Proof of Claim and Release
- Order Granting Preliminary Approval of Partial Class Action Settlement, Approving Form and Manner of Notice, and Setting Date for Hearing on Final Approval of Partial Class Action Settlement
- Consolidated Complaint for Violations of the Federal Securities Laws