The Settlement Class consists of all Persons who purchased or received one or more Groupon Vouchers for redemption at a Merchant in the United States, from November 2008 until December 1, 2011. Excluded from the Settlement Class are Defendants, Merchant Partners, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and directors, any entity in which Defendants have a controlling interest, Groupon employees, and all judges assigned to hear any aspect of this litigation, as well as immediate family members of any of the preceding referenced individuals.
The proposed settlement provides a total recovery for the benefit of the class of $8.5 million in a combination of: (1) Groupon Credits to be paid into the Groupon accounts of Settlement Class Members; and (2) cash for Claims Administration Expenses, including Class Notice Expenses, and Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses and Class Representative Awards.
The following are important dates and deadlines relating to the proposed settlement, which are explained more fully on the settlement website www.grouponvouchersettlement.com.
- Deadline to submit claim form to obtain Groupon Credits pursuant to the Settlement Agreement: January 9, 2016
- Deadline to withdraw claim submitted under 2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement: January 9, 2016
- Deadline to opt out of Settlement Agreement: January 15, 2016
- Deadline to object to Settlement Agreement: January 15, 2016
- Date of Final Approval Hearing: February 26, 2016
- Deadline to use Groupon Credits: Nine months from date of issuance into your account
Additional information about the proposed settlement, including the Settlement Class definition, Settlement Class Members’ rights and options, instructions on how to submit Settlement Claims, and useful documents such as the Settlement Agreement, court filings and other relevant documents, can be found on the settlement website www.grouponvouchersettlement.com.