Matthew Melamed is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Francisco office, where he focuses on complex securities litigation and whistleblower representation. Since joining the Firm, he has been a member of litigation teams responsible for substantial investor recoveries, including Jones v. Pfizer (S.D.N.Y.), In re St. Jude Medical, Inc. Securities Litigation (D. Minn.), Oklahoma Police Pension & Retirement System v. Sientra, Inc. (Cal. Super. Ct., San Mateo Cty.) and In re Willbros Group, Inc. Securities Litigation (S.D. Tex.). He has also contributed to the Firm’s appellate work, including in Mineworkers’ Pension Scheme, British Coal Staff Superannuation v. First Solar, Inc. (9th Cir.) and China Development Industrial Bank v. Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated (N.Y. App. Div.). Matt, along with other Robbins Geller attorneys, is currently leading the effort on behalf of cities and counties around the country in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation.
For the past 4 consecutive years, Matt has been selected as a “Rising Star” in the area of securities litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine, which recognizes top attorneys who have been practicing law for no more than 10 years or are aged 40 or younger.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Matt served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph A. Greenaway, Jr. on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Before clerking, Matt was an attorney at Public Justice, P.C., where he litigated appeals combatting federal preemption of state laws, forced arbitration clauses, and unnecessary court secrecy.
Matt received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Wesleyan University and Juris Doctor degree from University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he graduated magna cum laude, was named to the Order of the Coif, and served as a member of the Hastings Law Journal.
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015-2018
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude
- Tony Patino Fellow
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Articles Editor, Hastings Law Journal
- Student Director, General Assistance Advocacy Project
Wesleyan University, B.A., 1996
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- October 8, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- A Country Under Siege: Robbins Geller Continues to Lead the Fight Against the Nationwide Opioid CrisisAugust 10, 2018
- Three Robbins Geller Partners Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2018July 10, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- January 31, 2018
- December 14, 2017
- July 7, 2017
- March 30, 2017
- Four Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016July 11, 2016
- June 15, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- March 10, 2015