Our Firm’s success is measured by the results we achieve for our clients.
Lucas Olts is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where he practices securities litigation on behalf of individual and institutional investors.
Luke recently served as lead counsel in In re Facebook Biometric Info. Privacy Litig., a cutting-edge class action concerning Facebook’s alleged privacy violations through its collection of users’ biometric identifiers without informed consent that resulted in a $650 million settlement.
Luke has focused on litigation related to residential mortgage-backed securities, and has served as lead counsel or co-lead counsel in some of the largest recoveries arising from the collapse of the mortgage market. For example, he was a member of the team that recovered $388 million for investors in J.P. Morgan residential mortgage-backed securities in Fort Worth Emps.’ Ret. Fund v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., and a member of the litigation team responsible for securing a $272 million settlement on behalf of mortgage-backed securities investors in NECA-IBEW Health & Welfare Fund v. Goldman Sachs & Co.
Luke also served as co-lead counsel in In re Wachovia Preferred Sec. & Bond/Notes Litig., which recovered $627 million, and was a member of a team of lawyers that obtained a landmark settlement, on the eve of trial, from the major credit rating agencies and Morgan Stanley arising out of the fraudulent ratings of bonds issued by the structured investment vehicles in Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank v. Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated.
In addition, Luke served as lead counsel in Siracusano v. Matrixx Initiatives, Inc., No. 04-0886 (D. Ariz.), in which the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously affirmed the decision of the Ninth Circuit that plaintiffs stated a claim for securities fraud under §10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and SEC Rule 10b-5.
Luke’s pro bono activities include representing 19 San Diego County children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the appeal of a decision to terminate state funding for a crucial therapy. He successfully tried the consolidated action before the Office of Administrative Hearings, resulting in a complete reinstatement of funding and allowing other children to obtain the treatment.
Before joining the Firm, Luke served as a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Sacramento, where he tried numerous cases to verdict, including crimes of domestic violence, child abuse, and sexual assault.
Luke has been named a Future Star by Benchmark Litigation, and has been ranked on the publication’s Under 40 Hotlist and its Top Litigator Under 40 list, both of which honor exceptional partners aged 40 or younger for the high quality of their litigation work. Luke has also been named a Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500.
Luke earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University of California at Santa Barbara and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2018-2020
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2017
- Top Litigator Under 40, Benchmark Litigation, 2017
- Under 40 Hotlist, Benchmark Litigation, 2016
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2001
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of California
- “Landmark” $650 Million Settlement in Facebook Biometric Class Action Approved as a “Major Win” for Consumers in the Area of Digital PrivacyFebruary 26, 2021
- Daily Business Review Commends Robbins Geller Team for Achieving Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement in the Cutting-Edge Facebook Privacy CaseDecember 8, 2020
- September 28, 2020
- Robbins Geller Tags Facebook in Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement of Privacy Biometric LawsuitAugust 20, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- January 14, 2020
- Benchmark Litigation Lauds Robbins Geller as “One of the Country’s Best-Known Plaintiff Shops” for “Excellent Work” and “Best-in-Class Legal Services”; Awards Tier 1 RankingsSeptember 30, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- Robbins Geller Recognized as “One of the Country’s Best-Known Plaintiff Shops” by Benchmark LitigationOctober 30, 2018
- October 3, 2018
- Robbins Geller Named a Top Ten Plaintiffs Firm and Nine Attorneys Recognized by Benchmark LitigationOctober 31, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- March 17, 2017
- Benchmark Litigation Continues to “Highly Recommend” Robbins Geller as One of the Top Plaintiffs Firms in America and Commends 8 Partners as Stars and Top LitigatorsOctober 21, 2016
- August 16, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation Names Partners Lucas Olts and Daniel Pfefferbaum to its Inaugural Under 40 Hot ListAugust 8, 2016
- July 27, 2016
- June 10, 2016
- The AmLaw Litigation Daily Interviews Darren Robbins on Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Success and What Is Next in Securities LitigationMay 23, 2016
- May 17, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- February 11, 2016
- January 12, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- August 5, 2015
- July 17, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- October 16, 2013
- August 19, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- Plaintiffs Reach “Landmark” Settlement in Case Against Rating Agencies and Morgan Stanley on the Eve of TrialApril 26, 2013
- April 26, 2013
- April 19, 2012
- February 24, 2012
- November 23, 2011
- August 5, 2011