Jeff Light is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. He focuses his practice in the settlement department, negotiating, documenting and obtaining court approval of the Firm’s complex securities, merger, consumer and derivative actions. His settlements have included: In re Qwest Commc’ns Int’l, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($400 million recovery); In re Currency Conversion Fee Antitrust Litig. ($336 million recovery); In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. S’holders Litig. ($200 million recovery); In re AT&T Corp. Sec. Litig. ($100 million); In re VeriFone Holdings, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($95 million recovery); and Louisiana Mun. Police Ret. Sys. v. KPMG, LLP ($31.6 million recovery).
Light is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association and is on the Attorney Fee Arbitration Panel. He also serves as a Judge Pro Team for the San Diego County Superior Court and is part of the Lawyers Club of San Diego. Additionally, Light has been recognized for his legal work by being included on the list of Top Lawyers in San Diego by San Diego Magazine every year since 2013.
Light graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from San Diego State University. He earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of San Diego. Light was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law. He served as law clerk to the Honorable Louise DeCarl Adler, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and the Honorable James Meyers, Chief Judge, Southern District of California, United States Bankruptcy Court.
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2017
- Litigation Services
- University of San Diego, J.D., 1991, cum laude
- San Diego State University, B.A, 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- March 1, 2018
- March 21, 2017
- February 27, 2015
- February 18, 2014
- March 1, 2013
- Member, Attorney Fee Arbitration Panel, San Diego County Bar Association
- Judge Pro Tem for the San Diego County Superior Court
- Lawyers Club of San Diego