Dominic LoVerde is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Chicago office, where his practice focuses on complex securities fraud and shareholder derivative litigation.
LoVerde is actively involved with several bar associations and charitable organizations such as the Lawyers Assistance Program, Misericordia Heart of Mercy, Mercy Home for Boys & Girls, the Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago, and Special Olympics Chicago. Prior to joining the Firm, LoVerde focused on commercial and appellate litigation. He also previously served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Samuel Der-Yeghiayan in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
LoVerde earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in political science, economics and pre-law from the University of Dayton. LoVerde earned his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, where he was senior editor of the Consumer Law Review, President of the Student Bar Association, President of the Justinian Society of Lawyers, and a Peggy Browning Fund scholarship recipient. In addition, he externed for the Honorable James O’Hara in the Circuit Court of Cook County and the Honorable Michael T. Mason in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He also clerked for a union-side labor law firm and worked as a research assistant for Professor Richard A. Michael.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Class of 2016 Leadership, Service and Public Interest Award
- Senior Editor, Consumer Law Review
University of Dayton, B.A., 2013, cum laude, Economics, Political Science and Pre-Law
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Lawyers Assistance Program
- Misericordia Heart of Mercy
- Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
- Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago
- Special Olympics Chicago
- Private Litigation & Audit Quality in the 21st Century, Am. Constitution Soc’y for Law and Policy, vol. 10, no. 1, Fall 2016
- Recent Developments in Employment Law & Litigation, Am. Bar Ass’n, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law J., vol. 51, no. 2, Winter 2016 (co-author)
- Lawyer Solicitation & Ethical Considerations, Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- Aviation Safety Action Programs and Litigation, Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- Major Issues in Major Cases: Recent Aviation Disaster Cases Lexington to Malaysia, Int’l Air & Transportation Safety Bar Ass’n, Nov. 14, 2014 (contributing author)