Constantine Economides is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office, where he represents individuals and institutional investors in complex class actions against major corporations. He has recovered funds on behalf of victims of some of the most notable frauds in history. Most recently, Constantine was instrumental in recovering investors’ funds in a groundbreaking securities fraud action against Theranos, Inc., Elizabeth Holmes and Ramesh Balwani. Constantine currently represents investors seeking to recover billions of dollars in separate class actions against ADT Inc., OvaScience, Inc., HCP, Inc. and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Constantine began his career in New York at BakerHostetler LLP, where he practiced international litigation as part of the team that recovered over $11 billion on behalf of the victims of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC. In that capacity, Constantine played an active role in pioneering plaintiffs’-side litigation tactics for international asset-tracing and recovery. With cases against hundreds of international entities and individuals who were spread across over 30 foreign jurisdictions, Constantine was instrumental in obtaining cutting-edge rulings as to international service of process, international discovery, personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens. Constantine subsequently served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable William P. Dimitrouleas of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Following his clerkship, Constantine worked on an array of commercial and fraud-based disputes, including class actions, with León Cosgrove LLC and Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
In these capacities – assisting in an objective decision-making role as a federal law clerk and practicing both plaintiffs’-side and defense-side litigation – Constantine has played a significant role in prosecuting, defending or adjudicating over 150 cases in various jurisdictions. Constantine has been recognized for his work in the field of class actions by being named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Constantine is active in the legal communities in South Florida and New York. By administrative order of Chief Judge K. Michael Moore, Constantine was recently appointed to the Federal Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel for the next United States Magistrate Judge position in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. He also serves as a Board Member of the Broward Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and as a Co-chair of the Law Clerks Committee for the Broward Chapter. Additionally, Constantine serves on the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association International Section and as a Co-chair of the Florida Chapter of the New York State Bar Association International Section. Constantine also serves on the Judiciary Law 470 Working Group, which was specially appointed by the New York State Bar Association to recommend changes to the current requirement under Judiciary Law §470 that all attorneys licensed in New York must maintain a physical office within the state.
Constantine earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, with a double major in Sociology and Communication, from the University of California at Santa Barbara; his Juris Doctor degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law; and his LL.M. in International Legal Studies, with a focus on international litigation and arbitration, from the New York University School of Law.
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2016-2019
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., International Legal Studies, 2010
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2004, with Honors
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- May 30, 2019
- July 31, 2018
- June 18, 2018
- September 29, 2017
- June 8, 2017
- Panel Member, Federal Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Board Member, Broward Chapter Federal Bar Association
- Co-chair, Law Clerks Committee of the Broward Chapter Federal Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association International Section
- Co-chair, Florida Chapter of the New York State Bar Association International Section
- Member, Judiciary Law 470 Working Group for New York State Bar Association