Austin Brane is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. His most recent cases include Willis v. Big Lots, Inc., Marcus v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., and City of Pontiac Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Austin graduated magna cum laude from Wichita State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Kansas School of Law, where he served on the Kansas Law Review, including co-authoring Survey: Kansas Law Review Criminal Procedure Survey, 59 Kan. L. Rev. 1187 (2011). Austin received Certificates in Advocacy and Business and Commercial Law. In addition, he was certified pursuant to Rule 719 of the Kansas Supreme Court as qualified to appear in Kansas state court under appropriate supervision, and did so during a legal externship with the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office in the 2011-2012 school year. After working as a summer associate with the Firm in 2010 and 2011, Austin returned to the Firm as an associate upon receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 2012.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Wichita State University, B.B.A., 2004, magna cum laude, Finance
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Walmart and the City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement System Reach Settlement in Securities Class ActionOctober 26, 2018
- April 24, 2017
- March 17, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- May 17, 2016
- March 5, 2015
- January 15, 2015
- October 16, 2013
- September 13, 2013