Ellen Gusikoff Stewart
“Our hard-earned reputation for excellence is in evidence whenever I appear before courts to request approval of a case resolution.”
Ellen Gusikoff Stewart has practiced complex litigation for over 25 years, and for the past 15 years has specialized in the Firm’s settlement department, obtaining approval of hundreds of settlements nationwide.
Ellen Stewart is a partner in the Firm’s San Diego office. She currently practices in the Firm’s settlement department, negotiating and documenting complex securities, merger, ERISA and derivative action settlements.
Notable settlements include: Landmen Partners Inc. v. The Blackstone Grp. L.P. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($85 million); Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. (M.D. Tenn. 2015) ($65 million); City of Sterling Heights Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys v. Hospira, Inc. (N.D. Ill. 2014) ($60 million); and The Board of Trustees of the Operating Engineers Pension Trust v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($23 million).
Stewart earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Muhlenberg College and a Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University.
Honors & Awards
- Peer-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
Muhlenberg College, B.A., 1986
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado