Ellen Gusikoff Stewart
“Our hard-earned reputation for excellence is in evidence whenever I appear before courts to request approval of a case resolution.”
Ellen Gusikoff Stewart has practiced complex litigation for over 21 years, and for the past 11 years has specialized in the Firm’s settlement department, obtaining approval of hundreds of settlements nationwide.
Ms. Stewart currently practices in the Firm's settlement department, negotiating and documenting the Firm's complex securities, merger, ERISA and stock options backdating derivative actions. Notably, recent settlements include: In re Forest Labs., Inc. Sec. Litig. (S.D.N.Y. 2009) ($65 million); In re Activision, Inc. S’holder Derivative Litig. (C.D. Cal. 2008) ($24.3 million in financial benefits to Activision in options backdating litigation); In re Affiliated Computer Servs. Derivative Litig. (N.D. Tex. 2009) ($30 million cash benefit to ACS in options backdating litigation); and In re TD Banknorth S’holders Litig. (Del. Ch. 2009) ($50 million).
Honors & Awards
- Peer-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
Muhlenberg College, B.A., 1986
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado