Ellen Gusikoff Stewart
“Our hard-earned reputation for excellence is in evidence whenever I appear before courts to request approval of a case resolution.”
Ellen Gusikoff Stewart has practiced complex litigation for over 25 years, and for the past 15 years has specialized in the Firm’s settlement department, obtaining approval of hundreds of settlements nationwide.
Ms. Stewart currently practices in the Firm’s settlement department, negotiating and documenting the Firm’s complex securities, merger, ERISA and derivative action settlements. Notably, recent settlements include: Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. (M.D. Tenn. 2015) ($65 million); City of Sterling Heights Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys v. Hospira, Inc. (N.D. Ill. 2014) ($60 million); Landmen Partners Inc. v. The Blackstone Grp. L.P. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($85 million); and The Board of Trustees of the Operating Engineers Pension Trust v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($23 million).
Honors & Awards
- Peer-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
Muhlenberg College, B.A., 1986
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado