Danielle S. Myers
“An unwavering focus on shareholder rights and our commitment to excellence makes the Firm an inspiring place to practice law.”
Danielle Myers represents investors seeking to serve as lead plaintiff in securities actions and advises investors about their securities fraud exposure and options for recovery worldwide.
Danielle Myers, a partner in the San Diego office, focuses her practice on complex securities litigation. Myers is one of the partners that oversees the Portfolio Monitoring Program® and provides legal recommendations to the Firm’s institutional investor clients on their options to maximize recoveries in securities litigation, both within the United States and internationally, from inception to settlement. In addition, Myers advises the Firm’s clients in connection with lead plaintiff applications and has secured appointment of the Firm’s clients as lead plaintiff in over 80 cases, including Knurr v. Orbital ATK, Inc., No. 1:16-cv-01031 (E.D. Va.), Evellard v. LendingClub Corp., No. 3:16-cv-02627 (N.D. Cal.), In re Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. Sec. Litig., No. 4:15-cv-02404 (S.D. Tex.), Marcus v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., No. 6:13-cv-00736 (E.D. Tex.), In re Hot Topic, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 2:13-cv-02939 (C.D. Cal.), Smilovits v. First Solar, Inc., No. 2:12-cv-00555 (D. Ariz.), and In re Goldman Sachs Grp., Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 1:10-cv-03461 (S.D.N.Y.).
Myers has obtained significant recoveries for shareholders in several cases, including: In re Hot Topic, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 2:13-cv-02939 (C.D. Cal.) ($14.9 million recovery); Genesee Cty. Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Thornburg Mortg., Inc., No. 1:09-cv-00300 (D.N.M.) ($11.25 million recovery); Goldstein v. Tongxin Int’l Ltd., No. 2:11-cv-00348 (C.D. Cal.) ($3 million recovery); and Lane v. Page, No. Civ-06-1071 (D.N.M.) (pre-merger increase in cash consideration and post-merger cash settlement).
In 2012, Myers was named one of “Five Associates to Watch in 2012” by the Daily Journal. In 2011 and 2010, she was nominated for the San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Attorney and Young Attorneys awards, respectively.
Myers earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at San Diego, with a major in U.S. History and a minor in Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego, where she was a member of the San Diego Law Review and received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation.
American Bar Association, Member
Federal Bar Association, Member
San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Accredited Attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Volunteer with the San Diego County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Program
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015-2016
- Daily Journal, “Five Associates to Watch in 2012”
University of San Diego, J.D., 2008
- Member, San Diego Law Review
- Received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation
University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1997
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- December 28, 2016
- September 19, 2016
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel in In re Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. Securities LitigationDecember 7, 2015
- November 4, 2014
- Robbins Geller Substantially Defeats Medtronic, Inc.’s Motion to Dismiss Scheme Allegations Relating to Key ProductSeptember 29, 2014